Mobilising the arts for an inclusive digital transformation
Artsformation is a research project exploring the intersection between arts, society and technology. We work to understand, analyse, and promote the ways in which the Arts can reinforce the social, cultural, economic, and political benefits of digital transformation.
Three years ago, with Artsformation, we embarked on an exploration to discern the intricate relationship between the arts and our unfolding digital society. Our mission was not just to observe, but to actively engage in understanding how the arts are intertwined with digital transformation. We believed that the arts could serve as a significant bridge, fostering a more inclusive and sustainable digital era.
Together with the project partners, artists and members of the board, we created a programme consisting of public panels, exhibitions, open meetings and music involving key stakeholders in the city. Brussels becomes an ideal location to take forward discussions around technology and the arts, and to present some of the most interesting results of the project.
The festival is open to all and will be of particular interest to people in the creative sector, government, industry, research as well as anyone interested in exploring how art and technology can contribute to socio-ecological transformation.
9:30 – 10:00: Welcoming and registration
10:00 – 10:30: Opening talk, by Christian Fieseler
10:30 – 11:30: Panel discussion 1: Cyberspaces for social practice: virtual ecology, cyberfeminism & the digital non-binary
11:30 – 12:00: Coffee break
12:00 – 13:00: Panel discussion 2: How can artists & policy makers work together?
13:00 – 14:30: Lunch break & buffet
14:30 – 17:00: Workshop sessions
- 14:30 – 15:30: Abstract meditative practice that makes you reimagine the digital space & who owns it. Led by Lukas Engelhardt
- 15:30 – 17:00: Feminist dataset – hands-on & practical practice on rethinking data/ownership/feminist practices to data. Led by Caroline Sinders
17:00 – 17:30: Coffee break
17:30 – 18:45: Toolbox Launch
- 17:30 – 18:00: Lukas Engelhardt’s presentation and discussion
- 18:00 – 18:45: Toolbox launch and discussion
18:45 – 19:15: Break – Sandwich buffet
19:15: Artsformation evening party & community gathering
- 19:15 – 19:45 Live performance by artists on Artsformation Assembly. (With the participation of the artists Alba Raventos, Samar Zughool and Paolo Lolicata. Session led by LATRA)
- 19:45 – 20:30 – Odyssey in Utero – Performance by T.I.E & Alli
- 20:30 – 22:30 – DJ – Soumaya Phéline
- 22:30 – 00:30 – DJ – Stella K
ALL DAY: exhibit & physical archive space
DOWNLOAD THE PROGRAMME!