Studio Rizoma (SR), a new transnational cultural institute based in Palermo, is seeking a communications and content production manager.
Deadline: 24 December 2022
You will be responsible for defining and implementing the communication strategy for Studio Rizoma. You will work with the entire curatorial team to create and commission multimedia editorial content that tells and enhances the work of the organization, its partners, artists, activists, social entrepreneurs, and researchers. You will also organize the communication of that content and you will manage Studio Rizoma’s presence on the web and social networks.
Areas of focus and coordination
● Creation of written, video and audio content related to SR’s projects
● Management of SR’s online presence and supervision of editorial work on social channels
● Creating content together with the curatorial team in an editorial function
● Controlling the editorial calendar
● Involvement of external partners in outreach
● Development of a dedicated audience (audience development)
● At least 3 years of experience in communications, content production or journalism and proven ability to produce original content
● Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills
● Perfect knowledge of English and Italian.
● Thorough knowledge of SEO and social media best practices and website management
● Knowledge of video-editing tools or willingness to learn
Location and contract
Continuous presence at the site is not required, but you must be present regularly in Palermo at least 50% of the time.
Your contract will be part-time, amount of hours per week to be determined between the two parties but approximately 24 hours per week. Initially, the contract will be fixed-term with a duration of 2 years and with a trial period of three months. Salary is to be assessed based on experience but aligned with third-sector standards.
If you are interested in the position, please send a cover letter of up to 1 page and your maximum 2-page CV by 24 December to email@example.com with the email subject « Communications Application »
Image from Le Bonheur, Agnes Varda, 1965